For real, she called me THREE WEEKS AGO. The poor thing had hired someone to make a Kate Moss-style veil, and then that person had to back out just weeks before her wedding. GAH! So I took pity on her, ’cause I would have set fire to my own house in a red fury if that had happened to me. And then this is what followed:
- Jennifer goes berserk on the internet and somehow finds a gorgeous, handmade lace cotton veil in Belgium and has it shipped to me in Chicago. (!!)
- It gets held up in customs.
- It’s finally out for delivery when I’m on vacation in Palm Springs (in fact, this incredibly fancy veil is left on the dang porch).
- I get it on Friday when I return and stitch it up over the weekend.
- I ship it to her on Monday.
- It gets held up in customs AGAIN, ’cause it’s going to Canada, where Jennifer lives.
- Veil is released from customs Wednesday night, scheduled for delivery today or tomorrow.
- WEDDING IS ON SATURDAY.
Just sit on that story for a minute. Okay, but now look at the veil!
Eeee! It’s so pretttttyyyyyy! And it’s made with all natural materials – the veil is cotton, the ribbons and flowers are silk, and I only used cotton thread. So lovely. And we didn’t cut into the veil at all, so when Jennifer hands it down to future generations, they can remove the “cap” and restyle it for their own weddings. It’s really long, by the way, but I couldn’t get a great shot of it, so we have to wait for wedding pictures to get the full effect. And so ….
EVERYONE SEND ALL OF YOUR POSITIVE ENERGY TO THIS VEIL, SO IT GETS TO JENNIFER SAFELY AND SHE CAN WEAR IT TO HER WEDDING ON SATURDAY, PLEASE!
I’m confident that everything will work out, but you know, every little bit helps. And if Jennifer doesn’t collapse from the stress of this ordeal, she’ll have a funny story to share when she hands it down. Haha! I’m sure she’s laughing so hard right now.
Anyway, the veil is gorgeous and I’m so happy that I had the opportunity to work on it!
*Okay, now we’re gonna get real here for a second. I’m thinking I’ll get a lot more email requests for the Kate Moss veil, which is awesome – I love you guys! But please note: I’m fully booked up until November, and I’m not starting on any new work until January. I’m crazy busy, yo! *high five* Oh and if you could please send me inquiries through email, as opposed to the comments section, that would be a GREAT help. I’ll be much more likely to get back to you then (sometimes I miss the comments). Thanks for your understanding!! xo