Globe lanterns made of doilies! I plan to hang these from a moss-covered grapevine wreath as a chandelier for our wedding tent. For six globes I ordered a dozen battenburg doilies on ebay, sugar-starched each one and let them dry draped over mixing bowls. It’s amazing how sturdy these girls are once they’ve dried. Two starched doilies makes up one doily globe – simply sew them together in the middle with a running stitch. My doilies had a scalloped edge, so I wove velvet ribbon through the gaps. That’s it!
Definitely more time-consuming than difficult. I added tassels made from embroidery floss for a little extra flair and cut circles at the top to insert the lights. I think they’re pretty darn adorable. I will definitely keep you updated on the chandelier progress – stay tuned!
If ever you would like more information or instructions for a project I have created, please let me know in the comments. I will be happy to write an extended post with more details. Thanks!